Ryan M. Hicks
Ryan M. Hicks
Ryan represents clients in civil matters, focusing primarily on the defense of General Contractors and Subcontractors in construction defect claims and on the defense of individuals and insurance carriers in first and third party insurance claims.
Prior to joining Sutton | Booker | P.C., Ryan worked at a large civil litigation law firm in Phoenix, AZ, where his practice included defending insurance policy holders in civil matters involving construction defect, personal injury, dram shop, and products liability claims; commercial landlords in breach of contract claims; and attorneys in professional liability claims.
Ryan also has experience representing individual debtors, creditors, trustees and small businesses in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy matters.
- Successfully briefed motion to dismiss on behalf of church diocese.
- Participated in successful mediations on behalf of corporate and individual clients.
- Successfully negotiated a $760,000 non-dischargeable fraud debt down to a $30,000 stipulated judgment through the Ninth Circuit Bankruptcy Appellate Panel’s Mediation Program.
- Obtained multiple Chapter 11 Reorganization Plan Confirmations resulting in over $2 million of unsecured and secured debt reduction.
- B.A. Economics, BBA Marketing, Western Michigan University, cum laude
- J.D., University of Nevada-Las Vegas
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Southwest Super Lawyers Magazine’s Rising Star: Bankruptcy, 2013
- Southwest Super Lawyers Magazine’s Rising Star: Civil Litigation/Defense, 2014 & 2015
©2017 Sutton Booker P.C.
4949 S. Syracuse Street
Denver, Colorado 80237